Sunday, December 09, 2012

Getting properly settled

This morning the last bit of the kitchen arrived - the island unit on the right.  I look forward to many a happy day baking with James and Jenny on this island.  The next step will be to plumb in the sink, then worktops after Christmas.  In the meantime we have retrieved a small length of worktop Ron has been saving for us in his shed.
After that, plinths, end panels, and a slap of duck egg blue paint and the kitchen will be complete. I still can't quite take in the size of this room - I had no concept of how big this room would be from the plans or at any time during the build.  Our house is now big enough to play pom pom, as tested by James, Jenny, Emma and Christopher today!
 Yesterday I spent the whole day clearing up after the mice.  We have reclaimed the lounge and the only casualties have been the cable to the broadband router and a fair quantity of paper and craft materials which the mice have been using to make a cosy bed.  Now for the carpet cleaners and we'll be all ready for Christmas.
James is enjoying his orange bedroom, now complete with carpet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely! I remember coming to Sunnyside with you when you first bought the place and it was really just a shell, with so much work needed. It is really taking shape, you've done an amazing job. I want to come and visit you!! No trips planned at the moment, but I'll definitely let you know. Lots of love xxx

Lou said...

Thanks Ruth - that seems like such a long time ago now! I promised to host the Edwards family weekend next year, so I hope you will come back for that! x

Anonymous said...

It looks sensational Lou, well done to all of you for many hours of hard graft! Han x